Sunday, November 25, 2007

How The Grouch Stole Sunday

Don't bother me. I am not in a mood.

Which is my way of saying that I AM MOST DEFINITELY in a mood to be left alone and not hounded for this and that minor undertaking that might be important to YOU, but is not at all on my radar and especially not today and this very moment.

HH is on a rampage to clean old toys from under the pool table. Never mind that I have brought up this subject with him at least 5 times every summer for the last 6 years. We still have some Weeble-looking plastic people with a merry-go-round and a roller coaster. My boys have WAY outgrown these toys. I wanted to take them to people at school, or to Goodwill. HH wanted to sort through them first. Hmm...he's had an entire week off, starting with Saturday Nov. 17, but he just started this mission today at 1:30. I am not in a mood.

HH had done this ever since I've known him. Always on Sunday afternoon. He bosses and grouches the boys to do his bidding. He did the same to the older boys when they were this age. Everything else in the world must stop for HH's project. He alienates even the one boy who is his little buddy and thinks the world of him. I feel sorry for the boys. But I dare not give my opinion, or WWIII might erupt.

Sweet Gummi Mary help us when HH retires and is underfoot all the time.

No comments: