Monday, November 5, 2007

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I am tired to the bone, and have about 2 hours worth of grading to do if I don't want to start the day behind tomorrow. I hate missing work. It's not economical for my valuable time.

To make matters worse, every time I lay down for more than 10 minutes, I start to cough from some snot draining down my throat. Where is that snot when I'm sitting and standing, I'd like to know. It comes out of nowhere to keep me awake. It's sneaky snot. I spent from 3:00 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. in the recliner last night. I may be there again tonight. Nothing outsmarts sneaky snot like sitting up to sleep.

In other news, my Lower Basementia buddy called tonight and informed me that my son went to Study Island today. Who knew? I certainly did not sign a permission slip for that field trip. And who do they think they are, shipping my son off without telling me? How do they know if he's had all his shots, or if he can swim? I was not even there to shout, "Bon Voyage!" How dare they! Then she told me, "Study Island is a computer program for math problems." Never mind.

Yesterday, My Little Pony brought home a coconut monkey from the antique store. It's a squatting monkey, carved out of an actual coconut. It's really kind of cute. He bought it for himself. A cast-off gift, perhaps.

And now I'm giving myself a gift. A gift of time. Two hours to do homework. Don't hate me because I can provide myself with such a lovely gift. Hate me because I have summers off.

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

Have you gotten the email going around about putting Vicks Vapo Rub on the bottom of your feet? They say it'll stop a nighttime cough. Tater did it to her oldest Tot and said it really did work. I personally think it would be weird to sleep with mentholated feet, but I guess if I was coughing hard enough I'd try anything.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Diva,
No such email. I'm out of the loop. I could try some Vicks. IF I can wear socks. Because that might be slippery, and cause a household accident.