Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random Thought Thursday 4/17/08

Tra la la, zip-a-dee-do-dah! I'm feeling much better after the bad noodle. I even tried the BBQ pork sandwich from the cafeteria today, and it stayed neutral in my digestive tract. So, on with more random thoughts...

HH is the biggest grown baby to walk the earth. He came home sick yesterday with a double ear infection. To hear him tell it, he had to lie down on the floor at work, and they sent him home. Oh, he was well enough to drive 40 miles. Well, he probably shouldn't have, but he did. The doctor gave him some pack of pills to take over several days, though it wasn't a Z-Pack. It said right on the outside of the pack, 'Take with food if nausea occurs.' Today, HH said he thinks he's better, because he's not dizzy, but he feels sick to his stomach. So I suggested taking his pills with food. "Oh. I might try that." DUH. I need to leave him a note telling him to 'breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, etc.' Oh, and he told my mom he'll go to work tomorrow, but an hour later told me that he thinks he'll stay home another day.

The Pony got an award from the school board tonight for his Spelling Bee participation.

Somebody who has been mean to me for years has a bee in her bonnet because she thinks I don't like her. News flash: life is not a popularity contest.

I have not been to The Devil's Playground for three days.

Kids can be so cruel! Today, the classroom next to me erupted with intermittent shouts and cheering while my kids took a test. One asked, "What are they DOING in there?" Hmm...Spanish is taught in that room. And American Sign Language. So I said, "I think they are whacking a pinata. But no. My little joke could not be appreciated, because the girl who won't tell me 'bless you' when I sneeze, even though she tells everybody else, had to say, "It's Sign Language first hour." So I said, "Oh. Then instead of cheering, they should be going..." And I threw up my arms and opened my mouth. Silently. Two of them laughed. I told one how much that meant to me, her humoring my jokes. Then the other one said, "Actually, it's just that stupid face you made." And the first one said, "Yeah. It was mainly your face." OOOOHH! Like a knife through my heart, these kids hurt my self-esteem. (Not really. I like a good joke. It passes the time. Time during which I am not blessed when my heart stops when I sneeze.)

My thoughts can be OH SO RANDOM.

4 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Did y'all get shook up last night?? I just heard on the news that there was a 5.4 earthquake in St. Louis, Chicago, and some other cities up that way. It's kinda scary. That's got to be the New Madrid fault. I've heard all my life that if that thing really shifted, all of Memphis would be leveled.

Hillbilly Mom said...

DPA,
I think this was the Ozark Dome region, which is some kind of offshoot of the New Madrid Fault. I'm much closer to the NMF. To hear one of our MS science teachers tell it, we will all fall into the abyss when our lead mines collapse. I beg to differ. I think the hard rock of the mining region will take a shock much better than sandy soil. Look it up. The waves travel differently through denser material. You'd think a science teacher would know that, huh?

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

yeah u wud think sience teechers wud no there subjic bedder then that

:)

Good thing you are a teacher of many subjects. Or at least math and science, right?

Hillbilly Mom said...

DPA,
Yep. And I know my way around a preposition or two as well, by cracky!