Friday, October 26, 2007

One, Two, Three, Four

Today I have purchased 1 flu shot, 2 sausage biscuits with hash browns, 3 haircuts, 4 pairs of shoes...and I am afraid to leave the house because I can't afford anything else today. The #1 son is tough on shoes. I finally forced him to get two name brand pairs instead of pouring money into The Devil's Playground every couple of weeks. He has refused to wear good shoes for about 6 years now. I think he finally got tired of having to look for shoes so often. Now he's a K-Swiss and Avia man. He almost went for Nikes, but found them uncomfortable. As do I. And the shoe store clerk said Nikes gave her plantar fasciitis, according to her doctor.

Now that I googled plantar fasciitis, I think I have it. Mine is from worn-out shoes. I really need to throw several pairs away. I think I've gotten my money out of them in five years of wear. So I also bought myself 2 pairs of recreational shoes. I have to stick with New Balance, for their WIDE widths.

Did you know that a dog's nose is extremely cold and wet at 7:00 a.m. on a rainy day when it follows you around the porch and pokes that nose into the back of your shorts-clad leg near the hamstring area off and on for 30 minutes? Make a note-to-self. That darn dog doesn't just sniff the leg, she jabs at it like a seal playing with a beach ball. She likes to herd things, and I was Thing One this morning, since her chew-toy of a beagle was nowhere to be found. We could hear him, though, baur-baur-bauring down in the woods.

HH has plans to sit in his woodsy cabin tonight and brew a pot of tea. Funny thing that he has never made tea in the house. I think he has been waiting for cool weather to try out his cast-iron cook stove. I suppose 48 degrees qualifies. I intend to read several books (not the whole things) and possibly watch Blades of Glory again. The Pony will be playing The Settlers: Rise of an Empire on his computer, and the #1 son will probably watch the movie with me and fiddle about with Lappy. In case you have been wondering, Lappy's full name is Lappy Blue-Onyx Toshiba.

I will be multi-tasking by using my new washer on about 10 loads of laundry. I am only on Load One, so it may not be finished tonight. Don't hate me because I lead such an excitement-filled life. Hate me because I describe it in such a boring manner.

2 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Sure does cost alot to keep out sproutlings shoed and clothed and dare I say it...fed!! Especialy as we buy so much fresh produce in this house, to keep them all fighting fit, and you know, it would cost us less to feed them junk food but I wont do it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
You deserve the Nobel Feeding Prize. I can lead mine to the table, but I can't make them eat the good stuff.

My kids declare war when I try to make them eat healthy. They refuse to eat at all. I know they would eat it if they got hungry enough, but I'm not up for that battle until summer, when I can devote my full energy to a plan of attack.

The little one will eat bananas and apples, but no vegetables, and hardly any meat. He's the kid who demanded, "Who put the MEAT on my hamburger?" The big one will eat baked chicken, broccoli if it's in cheese sauce, carrots and potatoes in soup or stew, and a bit of salad with Ranch Dressing. That's about all I can get into them that is reasonably healthy.